Big Hits of Mid-America: David Scarbrough


 While my radio show on KNNZ-FM, features music of an historical nature from the Dakotas, Minnesota, and Manitoba, it also features current music that is seeping up from the underground.

My favorite place to find these samples of new music from the Northern Plains, I use Bandcamp. Not to belabor the point, but I gave up on Spotify a little over a year. over their instance on giving Joe Rogan a platform. I bear no ill will against artists who continue to use the platform, they need to decide what they will do for themselves, I have just decided not to use it.

I've been preferring the use of Bandcamp because it seems more like a bottom-up, as opposed to to-down way of discovering new music.

Which leads me back to the gentleman above who I know little to nothing about. His name is David Scarbrough and he is from Rapid City, South Dakota. He seems to have that quirky, British pop from the 80s thing going. and I would put him somewhere in the mix of Hitchcock, Costello, Partridge and Difford and Tilbrook. It's easy-going quirky pop that seems to have found a home in South Dakota.

One of the few things I know about this chap is that he used to helm a band called Scarbrough Affair. That gets me to give him points on the neat music pun. His sole album, thus far, is the one that has the song that I play on my show called, "Happily Ever After." Well, I wish that for David and that he keep on making music like this. I also hope that you will check out Bandcamp for your new music needs.


Here is my other blog



Comments

Popular Posts